Approach & Principles
Dermody Properties is adopting Environmental, Social, Governance policies and practices across all aspects of our offices and operations. This includes our approach to doing business with our employees, partners, customers, and investors.
Through these efforts, we aim to optimize returns on investment, improve customer operations, and advance employee productivity. By continually enhancing social and environmental strategies and practicing good governance, not only will we continue our focus on giving back, ethics, goodwill, and community betterment, but sustainability as a whole. Through our collective efforts, we will continue to progress as the landscape evolves.
We are embracing these practices across various operations in three major categories – Environmental, Social and Governance – with the overall benefit to our stakeholders top-of-mind.
In our owned and managed properties, we are committed to encouraging customer energy reduction, in addition to building upgrades and features including:
- LED lighting with motion sensors
- Skylights/clerestory windows
- Reflective roofing systems
In our company offices (and at company-hosted events) we’re committed to:
- Encouraging exclusive use of biodegradable paper products, recyclable and reusable materials
- Paperless initiatives (i.e. digital filing systems)
- Recycling initiatives and providing ample opportunity and support for this practice
- Flexibility for remote working company-wide to reduce daily commuting
Dermody Properties has always valued relationships – with our customers, partners, investors, and the communities in which we do business. We advocate for employee engagement through individual volunteering and philanthropy, and we, as an organization, are very fortunate to be able to give back to our communities each year in more ways than one. This commitment is evidenced in each of the following areas:
- Company mission statement
- Giving back to our communities
- Dermody Properties Foundation
- Scholarship Funding
- Thanksgiving Capstone Award
Dermody Properties promotes diversity in our team, our experience and our perspectives, and we seek to maintain and strengthen governance and transparency, ensuring that the interests of our employees, customers, partners and investors are aligned with our ESG goals. In doing so, Dermody Properties:
- Employs an executive team that is one-third female
- Seeks to promote women from within our organization
- Offers career growth through offsite mentoring and educational programs
- Conducts company-wide training that focuses on ethics, conduct, IT security, and fraud prevention.
- Performs regular external audits of accounting and internal procedures.
ESG Benefits to Stakeholders
The Environmental, Social and Governance benefits to our stakeholders are vast and deliberate as we aim to:
- Continue to increase market reputation for customers and investors
- Continue to enhance investment returns
- Reduce tenant property expenses even further
- Continue to promote employee attraction, engagement, and retention
- Reduce our social, financial, legal and environmental liability
- Continue to demonstrate goodwill and community betterment