ESG 2022 Report
We are delighted to present our inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report, a testament to Dermody Properties’ unwavering commitment to our mission, values, and the deep-rooted history of community involvement that defines us.
Approach & Principles
Dermody Properties is adopting Environmental, Social, Governance policies and practices across all aspects of our offices and operations. This includes our approach to doing business with our employees, partners, customers, and investors.
Through these efforts, we aim to optimize returns on investment, improve customer operations, and advance employee productivity. By continually enhancing social and environmental strategies and practicing good governance, not only will we continue our focus on giving back, ethics, goodwill, and community betterment, but sustainability as a whole. Through our collective efforts, we will continue to progress as the landscape evolves.
We are embracing these practices across various operations in three major categories – Environmental, Social and Governance – with the overall benefit to our stakeholders top-of-mind.
In our owned and managed properties, we are committed to encouraging customer energy reduction, in addition to building upgrades and features including:
- LED lighting with motion sensors
- Skylights/clerestory windows
- Reflective roofing systems
Solar panel roofing at 2589 and 2593 Goodrick Ave. in Richmond, CA
Videography by MILLER + MILLER Architectural Photography
Dermody Properties has always valued relationships – with our customers, partners, investors, and the communities in which we do business. We advocate for employee engagement through individual volunteering and philanthropy, and we, as an organization, are very fortunate to be able to give back to our communities each year in more ways than one. This commitment is evidenced in each of the following areas:
- Company mission statement
- Giving back to our communities
- Dermody Properties Foundation
- Commercial Real Estate Industry Foundation Donations
- Thanksgiving Capstone Award
Dermody Properties promotes diversity in our team, our experience and our perspectives, and we seek to maintain and strengthen governance and transparency, ensuring that the interests of our employees, customers, partners and investors are aligned with our ESG goals. In doing so, Dermody Properties:
- Employs a seven-person executive team of which three members are female
- Conducts company-wide training that focuses on ethics, conduct, IT security, and fraud prevention.
- Performs regular external audits of accounting and internal procedures.
ESG Benefits to Stakeholders
The Environmental, Social and Governance benefits to our stakeholders are vast and deliberate as we aim to:
- Continue to increase market reputation for customers and investors
- Continue to enhance investment returns
- Reduce tenant property expenses even further
- Continue to promote employee attraction, engagement, and retention
- Reduce our social, financial, legal and environmental liability
- Continue to demonstrate goodwill and community betterment
Dermody Properties regularly contributes to industry organizations which are focused on furthering development, support and awareness of commercial real estate opportunities for underrepresented individuals, including:
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate (AFIRE)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Institute
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network
- Institutional Real Estate, Inc. (IREI)
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Managers (NAREIM)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) (LEED)