Long History of Scholarships and Support of Education
Dermody Properties has a long-standing history of supporting continuing education through a variety of scholarships in the communities we serve. Scholarships include:
- Northern Nevada Women’s Fund: Amy Biehl Scholarship
- University of Nevada, Reno Foundation
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Foundation
- Truckee Meadows Community College Foundation
- Portland State University Foundation
- Central Penn College Education Foundation
- DP Partners Real Estate Scholarship Fund
Due to his belief in supporting continuing education, Michael C. Dermody, CEO and Chairman, also provides personal resources to these two scholarships:
- Interlochen Center for the Arts: William L. Hart Interlochen Trumpet Scholarship
- University of Nevada, Reno, School of Medicine: Dr. M. Ronald Avery Medical Student Scholarship
Your generous offer has allowed me to focus my on my studies rather than worry about financial burden. This award has made it possible for me to apply to residency programs without taking out more loans.
Dr. M. Ronald Avery Medical Student Scholarship Recipient (Reno, Nevada)
All my life I wanted to earn a degree and start my career. Yet the one thing that consistently held me back was money. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to follow my dreams and work towards bettering my life and the lives of those around me. Thank you so much, I am honored to receive this scholarship.
Truckee Meadows Community College Foundation Scholarship Recipient (Reno, Nevada)
As a working student, I strive for excellence and to excel in my educational journey. This scholarship has given me a renewed spirit and encouraged me to become a role model not only for Central Penn College, but also for my community. I feel the most sincere gratitude for your thoughtful scholarship.
Central Penn College Education Foundation Scholarship Recipient (Summerdale, Pennsylvania)
Attending Interlochen Arts Academy, I have been able to improve tremendously. Not a day goes by without me thinking about how lucky I am to be here at one of the best schools in the world and all that I am able to learn. This wouldn't have been possible without your help, so thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.