Dermody Properties Participates in Think Local Campaign
Dermody Properties is proud to participate in the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada’s (EDAWN) Think Local initiative. In support of this program KRNV produced a public service announcement featuring CEO and Chairman of Dermody Properties, Michael Dermody, and the Urban Outfitters West Coast Internet Fulfillment Center, which celebrated its grand opening in September 2012. The “Think Local” initiative was a natural fit for Dermody Properties because it allows us to give back to and support one of the communities in which we do business. When company partners, like Dermody Properties, pledge to “Think Local,” EDAWN encourages them to follow these guidelines when making business decisions:
- Purchase goods or services from local vendors and suppliers, and when needed, from on-line companies with a presence within the State of Nevada. Purchase from companies that hire local employees.
- Contract with companies that have a local presence
- Hire local – Our region’s talent base is robust and diverse
- Eat locally produced food when available – support growers, local distributors, and locally owned food establishments. This also helps cut down on travel and carbon emissions
- Support our local non-profits – They support us
- Serve or otherwise engage and invest in our local community as a citizen and a volunteer